What is CCES?
CCES is an international network of public, private, and charter schools serving students in grades PK-12. CCES schools are among the highest achieving schools in the nation. While each CCES school is encouraged and expected to develop its own program, all CCES schools are bound together by Ten Common Principles.
What are the 10 Common Principals?
- Students should learn to use their minds well.
- The curriculum should emphasize depth over coverage.
- Goals and expectations should apply to all students.
- Teaching should be personalized to the maximum possible extent.
- Classrooms should embrace student as worker, teacher as coach.
- Students should exhibit their learning to authentic community audiences.
- The school should reflect a tone of decency and trust.
- Teachers should be committed to the entire school.
- Budgets should emphasize teaching and learning.
- The school should celebrate diversity and actively seek equity.